Friday, 29 June 2012

Rainbow Honey Pinkie Promise


HELLO!!! I'm so excited to be writing this post hehehehe. Our Rainbow Honey polishes have arrived!!!! Xun got A Little Kindness and I got Pinkie Promise, The Element of Magic and Siren Song, all mini bottles. The minis are 7ml, more than the average 5ml mini bottles! Ok on to the pictures :D


The packaging is soooo pretty!!! Although we paid quite a bit for shipping (almost half of the cost of the polishes themselves), I like to think they're worth it because we're also paying for all the hard work that went into the packaging of these polishes! They look very unlike your average indie polish.


The bottles are individually packed into these ziploc bags with a list of ingredients pasted on the back.



Here's a quick pic I took with my phone! I couldn't resist swatching all my polishes as soon as I got them! From thumb to pinky: The element of magic over black, Pinkie promise 3 coats, TEoM 3 coats, Siren Song 2 coats, and PP 1 coat over black!


Ok Pinkie Promise swatch time!!!! Pinkie Promise is a shimmery light pink, almost lilac base loaded with pink, blue and yellow/gold hex, bar and small round glitter. That is a mouthful!!! They have these big hex pink glitters too which are so cute!


Close up of the polish!!! See all the big and small glitters?? It's such a complex polish! 


I did one coat of PP over one coat of China Glaze Make An Entrance which is my to-go pink polish! PP is opaque in 3 coats but I wanted to save the polish (since I got the mini bottles hahaha) so I did it over a pink base instead!



If I used it on its own, it'll look much paler and more delicate, refer to the above pic! I think I like it on its own more though, it looks more unique and sparklier *.*



BUT I STILL LOVE THIS!!!!! A note though, the large pink hex glitter has a tendency to stain the nail. I don't know why?? Even though I had a base colour + base coat below it, I have some pink marks on my bare nails which can't be removed. Oh well! Minor problem when your polish is this pretty though!!! Visit Rainbow Honey to see her other polishes and stuff. :D And stay tuned for more swatches of the other 3 polishes! ;)

- Mag

6 comments:

  1. Such a pretty polish! This brand is amazing:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is!!! They even have new individual boxes for packaging that look SOOOO pretty!!!

      Delete
  2. That is pretty! Shipping from overseas is so ex! =(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah ): And then I always feel like I have to buy more to justify the shipping!!! Haha

      Delete
  3. I really need to get some Rainbow Honey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss!!! Her shop is opening up soon and her new boxes are so pretty!!! Get them! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...